Hair Transplant Surgeries And Its Types
- November 08, 2018
- 252 Views
- Dr. YV Rao
Hair transplantation is trending nowadays with the latest techniques, and it has almost become like a boon to people who have lost their hair and having baldness.
Hair plantation is an innovative surgical procedure in aesthetic surgery. No doubt, the techniques existing today in hair transplantation give you an attractive natural look.
About Hair Transplantation:
Usually, hair grows in a group of 1 to 4 hair strands called follicular units. In a hair transplantation procedure, these follicular units are extracted from donor regions such as legs, back of your head, or any area that has dense hair, and transplanted into the bald areas. In the present era with the evolved techniques, hair transplantation can restore the lost hair of eyelashes, eyebrows, chest hair, beard hair, etc. It can also repair hair loss caused due to accidents and other health ailments.
Types of Hair Transplant Surgeries:
Hair grafting is a procedure that involves a large number of follicular units. There are two best and main ways to extract the donor grafts. The two primary techniques are FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) and FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation) which is also called strip excision harvesting methods.
FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) Surgery
Fue hair transplant procedure gives you entirely thick hairline after the surgery. Since FUE is a surgical procedure, hair is extracted from the donor site using a punching machine. Small dot-Shaped punches around 0.6mm to 1.0mm diameter are made to remove hair follicles from the donor site. The extracted follicular units containing 1 to 4 hair strands/grafts are implanted on the bald areas or the recipient site. The whole process is done in a single session and sometimes can happen with multiple sessions also.
Benefits Of FUE Hair Transplant Surgery
- Here in FUE, there is no need for stitches as they use a punch instrument for extraction of hair follicles in donor and recipient site.
- The surgeons pre-design the hairline and mark the areas where they plant to perform the implantation. They use local anaesthesia during the surgery, so you don’t feel any pain. However, even after the surgery, you don’t experience much pain because the punches made are tiny.
- There is no fear of scars even if have a short a short hairstyle after the surgery as the punches made are small invisible.
- There are no risk factors and complications like less bleeding, infection, itching and bruising of the eyes, etc. during and after the surgery. It is a permanent solution for your balding problem.
FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation) Surgery
In olden days FUT is also called as strip harvesting which almost traditional for an extended period for hair transplant process. Here in FUT procedure, doctors extract a strip of the scalp skin with hair like from the donor area, which is mostly the back of your scalp. The hair grafts are meticulously separated and put in a solution which saves them from being exposed to air before being implanted.
Benefits Of FUT Hair Transplant Surgery
- By using FUT Technique large area of baldness can be covered at a time as a large number of follicles can be planted in a single session.
- When compared to the other procedures it gives full growth in your hair.
- It is affordable for all kinds of people as it is cost effective.
- Once the hair started growing after the surgery, it shows a natural looking cosmetic effect.
- It’s an ideal choice for people who are facing problems with more baldness.
- FUT technique is one of the permanent solutions for your hair loss or baldness, so both men and women can opt to FUT hair transplant surgery.
So, are you tired of trying hair hacks and remedial solutions for your hair loss? Well, hair transplant surgery is a smart choice for you, to get back your drooping confidence, your hair! Book An Appointment with us get the best solutions for your hair loss problems.
About the clinic:
Dr Venkata Rao Yalamanchi is a qualified & certified Plastic & Cosmetic Surgeon in Hyderabad. After his degree in plastic & cosmetic surgery, he got trained, extensively in reconstructive, microsurgery & cosmetic surgery at reputed centre both in India & abroad. He has eighteen years of experience as plastic & cosmetic surgeon in Hyderabad. His special interest is in Hair transplantation & Cosmetic surgery and has been pursuing these with more dedication.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
January 14, 2019
January 09, 2019
January 01, 2019
December 11, 2018
December 07, 2018
December 04, 2018
November 28, 2018
November 22, 2018
November 20, 2018
November 16, 2018