Combination Of FUE And FUT Hair Transplant
- November 20, 2018
- 321 Views
- Dr. YV Rao
We live in a digital age where everything, well literally almost everything happens at the click of a button. From smartphones to smart homes, smart cars everything just requires you to push a button to get instant result. So it’s quite obvious the hi-tech generation these days want the results almost instantly. There is a speedy way to get that hair transplant done with speedy recovery for people with extreme baldness. It’s called the combination technique.
With the combination of the two methods of FUE (Follicular unit extraction) and FUT ( Follicular unit transplant), you get instant hair transplant surgery with no waiting periods and healing periods between sessions. The complete surgery to cover your bald area as vast and wide it could be can be done in just one go. Then you are good to go home and allow the resulting thick hair coverage to flourish within a few months. Saves a lot of time for busy people and moves things up to get faster results.
Is the Combination of FUE and FUT transplant for everyone?
This combination FUE And FUT hair transplant may not be for everyone. Most commonly the hair transplant surgery is done using just one technique, either FUE or FUT. However, in some patients experiencing a wide area of baldness, the combination technique is recommended. The combination transplant is mostly done in patients who have less donor hair to cover the area of baldness. Or the baldness is extreme and requires a whole lot of sessions with more donor hair. Instead of waiting for long periods to allow the growth of hair at the donor area between multiple transplants, the hair transplant surgery can be done in one day by using a combination of FUE and FUT technique.
Also sometimes the patients request the minimizing of a scar tissue from early strip FUT surgery. In that case with the ongoing FUE hair transplant surgery, FUT technique is used at the scar tissue left by previous hair transplant surgery.
Who is an ideal candidate for the combination FUE and FUT hair transplant?
- A patient experiencing typical male pattern baldness
- A patient with hereditary or genetic hair loss
- A patient with enough donor hair available on other parts of the body like the beard or chest hair.
How is the combination FUE and FUT transplant performed?
- The FUE (Follicular unit extraction): In this method of hair transplant the hair follicles are extracted individually from the back of your head ( or the donor area less prone to hair fall) and transplanted into the bald area by carefully punching needle size holes in the bald scalp and transplanting the donor hair follicles in them.
- The FUT( Follicular hair transplant ) method is performed by scraping a layered tissue from your scalp that contains enough donor hair follicles to be transplanted. The incision made is then sutured. Also called as strip surgery, because the strip of skin is removed. The strip is them microscopically broken down into fragments of hair follicles, which are then grafted onto the balding area.
The combination of these two techniques can be performed to get the most coverage of hair in one sitting.
- The FUE technique is used at the sideburns where thin hair is present.
- Successively for the FUT technique, a strip of skin scraped off gently where thick lush hair is present like the back of your head.
- Sometimes enough donor’s hair is not present on the head, then the FUE technique is done at the body part where more growth of thick hair is present. The most commonly used site is the beard.
- The beard is required to be grown and trimmed two days prior to the grafting of follicles for the FUE hair transplant. In case you have a white beard, you should colour it the day before the hair transplant surgery.
- An advantage of using the beard as the donor area for the hair transplant is that it leaves minimal scarring and is usually covered by the growing thick hair on your beard.
- Sometimes, if more donor hair follicles are needed, then chest hair is also an option for using FUE technique. However, we leave some hair on the chest because the chest area is more prone to visible scarring, hence it should be covered by remaining hair.
- The hair transplant surgery is carried out at your balding area once we have enough donor hair to cover the whole area.
- Since both the FUE and FUT method of hair transplant is used in combination, the recovery period may be a little longer.
- The area where FUT is done will need revisitation to open the sutures and allow healing.
- In the end, after a few months of time, you can happily look at yourself in the mirror and beam happily at the head full of thick hair, all done in just one sitting. No stretched out sessions of hair transplant and no waiting for healing and recovery for the subsequent hair transplant procedures.
If you have a genetic hair loss pattern and worry about the thinning hair that is left over. If you think you might not have enough donor hair available for hair transplant surgery, think again. Your future is here. Call us now at YV Rao hair transplant clinic, to get more information about the advanced combination FUE and FUT hair transplant surgery. We boast of highly qualified and experienced doctor and technicians with the latest equipment and infrastructure. Call us now and talk to our expert staff, you might just be surprised how easy it is to fix your worry about your hair loss.
About the clinic:
Dr Venkata Rao Yalamanchi is a qualified & certified plastic & cosmetic surgeon in Hyderabad. After his degree in plastic & cosmetic surgery, he got trained, extensively in reconstructive, microsurgery & cosmetic surgery at reputed centre both in India & abroad. He has eighteen years of experience as plastic & cosmetic surgeon in Hyderabad. His special interest is in Hair transplantation & Cosmetic surgery and has been pursuing these with more dedication.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
February 11, 2019
February 08, 2019
January 26, 2019
January 18, 2019
January 14, 2019
January 09, 2019
January 01, 2019
December 11, 2018
December 07, 2018
December 04, 2018